Contact: Patient Care Coordinator
Phone: 585-334-6000 x1045
CP Rochester’s team of Board-certified, licensed occupational therapists facilitate the maximum level of individual independence through the assessment and therapeutic treatment of fine motor skills, cognitive skills, visual skills, and the ability to perform activities of daily living. Therapy is individualized, based on an individual’s evaluation, and can focus on:
- Relaxation of muscle tone (through modalities such as heat, massage, paraffin, baths, vibration, etc.).
- Increasing upper extremity range of motion.
- Improving gross/fine motor coordination.
- Increasing perceptual/cognitive and academic skills.
- Increasing independent living skills or ADL’s through the use of adaptive equipment or re-education.
- The occupational therapists also perform assessments and develop appropriate home programs for sensory dysfunction.